Central air is one of the most effective and efficient ways to circulate cool air throughout the house in comparison to window air conditioning systems. Central air conditioners offer one major benefit that individual window units cannot claim: these systems can improve your indoor air quality.
Centralized units send cool air directly through air ducts or vents located in each room. Each room can be cooled instead of cooling just one room. Ambient air is pulled into the air handler unit from each room through return-air ducts. The system filters the air that passes through it, removing airborne particles, like lint, allergens, dust, pollen and pet dander. Filtered air is then re-routed back to the rooms via a separate ductwork system. These systems can even trap the most microscopic pollutants. Having constantly clean and cool air is a major benefit with central air conditioners.
But the advantages don’t end there. The following are other advantages that central air conditioners have over window air conditioning systems.
- Central air conditioners make less noise. The condenser, fan and compressor are located in an outdoor unit, instead of in a nearby window. Indoor noise is barely detectable.
- Since the working parts of a central air conditioner are located outside of the home, it is inconspicuous and does not affect the view from outside or within the home.
- The central air system does not take up any inside space and keeps the home looking modern and updated.
- Central air conditioners are easy to operate. Whether there is a single zone or multiple zones, the system is conveniently controlled by a simple console that can be programmed to run at certain times and temperatures.
- It is possible for specialized central air conditioners to operate in a reversed cycle (aka – heat pump, to not only cool air, but also pump out hot air. The same central air system can heat and cool the home in one user-friendly unit.
The upfront costs of central air conditioners may be intimidating, but in the end, the payoff is worth the expense. As a major bonus, central air conditioners add value to the home, which means when it comes to resale, a central air system will be a huge selling feature.
Contact Jay Mechanical at 802-310-2645 to see if central air conditioning is right for your home.